Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Frown Face

So, here is the moment that I sit down to recap this morning and a few other moments and reach for my notebook. 

Gone.

Depression rolling in like a fast moving high tide.

All my notes, connections written on pages.  How to recreate this?

So, I shall begin with was has happened to far this morning.

Worship at the Church Center where I was captured playing the drum and will do so again tomorrow at the closing worship.  Great time but greatest was watching this group of women dancers from MoJazz - Dance Classes for Adults share worship with us.  Worship was lead by AME/AMEZion in Queens.

Question for the day for me:  What is blocking me from hearing God's voice?

Today the UN is basically closed.  All sessions where they decide the final wording of the document to come out of this 60th NCSW are closed.  Side events are the only things in town.

So I went to an event hosted by Union Theological Seminary and The New Seminary for Interfaith Studies.  Diverse body of women in attendance, connecting through Sacred Circles.

My notebook is filled with thoughts on Thomas Merton in New Seeds of Contemplation - A Tree gives glory of God by being a Tree, the Book Revenants by Amy Plum, the Grail Movement, a woman from Pakistan that imparts the wisdom that women need to recognize their divinity and much more.  My tweet about I am....We are.  That women are the keepers of Faith, Custom and Tradition.

This notebook contains all my notes on how to do advocacy back home.  I will have to now try to remember it all as it is specific to the issue that spoke most to me during these two weeks.

Luckily, I have handouts from various events that I have attended, some with notes written on them.  And business cards that I have collected.

But God is hope and she is paying attention.  So I will call the Church Center and see if someone has found it and turned it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment